1/15/2014

"Jenna & Luke" - Chapter 8

“You think my legs are sexy?”
“Very. Just as the rest of you. C’mere,” Luke said as he patted the mattress next to him with his splint clad left hand. Jenna didn’t hesitate and quickly got back into bed next to Luke. They wound up making out and when they finally pulled apart and Jenna collapsed on Luke’s chest they were both panting. After a few moments Jenna worked up the courage to ask him a question she’d wanted to ask him for a while.
“How do you have sex? I’m sorry for asking so bluntly, but I’ve been wondering and…”
Luke smiled and assured her he didn’t mind her asking. He actually seemed happy that she had broached the subject. “Obviously I can’t have sex like an able bodied person, but with some planning, medication and you on top it can happen. And my mouth still works perfectly well.”
“So basically you take a pill to get an erection? And I’ll be on top? Doesn’t sound very enjoyable for you since you can’t feel it,” Jenna blurted out.
“If it’s good for you it’s good for me. And there are things you can do to satisfy me as well.”
“Like…?” Jenna queried in a flirtatious tone.
“The parts of my body I can still feel are rather sensitive. Focus on my torso from my nipples up and you’ll do just fine.”
Jenna didn’t have to be asked twice and she was happy that Luke was shirtless. She started with kissing his chest and caressing his nipples with her lips and tongue, then she moved up to the hollow at the base of his neck and caressed that with the tip of her tongue. Luke groaned and shuddered with pleasure.
“Take off your shirt,” he demanded as they pulled apart after a passionate kiss. Jenna obliged and Luke pulled her down to lie next to him. He sighed contentedly and she savored the feeling of his warm body against hers and impulsively wrapped her left leg over his. He kissed her forehead and a wile later they succumbed to sleep.

Monday morning dawned too soon for Jenna’s tastes and she was tempted to call Sarah and tell her she wasn’t coming to the office. She wanted to stay curled up next to Luke’s warm body, under his feather duvet and soft sheets all day. Kevin knocking and entering the room without waiting for an answer put an end to her daydreaming.
“Morning Luke…oh and Jenna. Sorry, I forgot you were here.”
“Morning, Kev,” Luke greeted him. “Give Jenna a couple of minutes to get decent, okay?”
“No problem,” Kevin blushed slightly and scurried out of the room.
“That will teach him to wait for an answer before he enters,” Luke chuckled.
“Yeah,” Jenna said with a laugh as she reluctantly slipped out of bed and grabbed Luke’s t-shirt from the floor next to the bed. She pulled it on and opened the door. Kevin was standing by the entrance to the guestroom and he looked slightly embarrassed. He flashed Jenna a shy smile and headed straight for the bathroom to get Luke’s shower wheelchair.
“See you in a few,” Luke said to Jenna as Kevin came back into the bedroom and lined the chair up to transfer Luke to it Jenna grabbed her duffle bag and slipped into the guestroom to use the bathroom and get ready for work.
Kevin was uncharacteristically quiet as he removed Luke’s overnight braces from his wrists and ankles and then attached the bed bag to a hook on the side of the wheelchair.
“Ready?” he asked Luke.
Luke nodded and winced visibly as he did so. He sighed; his neck hadn’t acted up for a while, but he quickly realized that today wasn’t a good day. It would probably feel even worse when he was sitting up.
“Neck acting up again?” Kevin asked.
“Seems like it.”
“Let me know how it feels when you’re in your chair. It might be better.”
“Highly unlikely, but we’ll see. Let’s get this show on the road, I don’t want to keep Jenna waiting for too long.”
Kevin transferred Luke to the wheelchair with practiced ease and strapped him into it. Once in the bathroom he helped Luke wash the parts of his body he couldn’t reach himself. When the shower was done he attached the splints to Luke’s wrists so he could shave and brush his teeth before they headed back to the bedroom. The routine was the same as it was every morning; Kevin helped Luke transfer back to the bed and then dressed him in a pair of protective undergarments before he got started on his range of motion exercises.
“You seem really happy lately,” Kevin said as he attached an empty leg bag to Luke’s calf and hooked it up to his catheter after he was done with his stretches.
“I am,” Luke said with a smile as Kevin pulled a pair of charcoal grey dress slacks up his legs. “And I’m sure you know why.”
“I’m glad you’ve found Jenna. She’s great.”
“Yeah, she is. I keep wondering when the bubble will burst though. I was pretty sure I blew it when I shit my pants the first time she spent the night, but not even that put her off.”
“I think it shook her a bit, but she managed to move past it.  You two are good for each other.”
Kevin finished dressing Luke and got him settled in his wheelchair.
“How does your neck feel?” he asked as he secured the final Velcro strap across Luke’s chest.
Luke moved his head a bit and winced. “Like shit. Can you please get the collar? I need it today.”
“Maybe you should take a painkiller and stay home if it’s really bad?”
“I promised Jenna a ride to work and I have a few things I really need to get done. I’ll cut my day short if it’s too bad.”
“That sounds like a plan. Don’t push it,” he said as he got Luke’s cervical collar and put it on for him. Then he adjusted the collar of his black shirt and took a step back.
“I’ve got to get going. See you Wednesday.” Kevin was going to San Francisco on a two-day seminar and Luke had other PCAs lined up to help him while he was away.
“Hope the seminar is a good one,” Luke said as he followed him down the hall to the kitchen. Kevin headed to his apartment on the other end of the house.
Jenna got ready before Luke like she usually did. He had explained his morning routine to her a while back and she knew it normally took forty-five minutes to an hour, which meant it would be at least fifteen minutes ‘til he was ready. She figured she’d kill the time by making some breakfast and headed to the kitchen to find out what Luke had ingredients for.
Just as she was flipping the final piece of French toast in the frying pan Luke entered the kitchen. The collar around his neck immediately caught her attention.
“Oh no! Is your neck acting up again?” she exclaimed.
“Yeah,” he sighed as he rolled up next to her. “It’s okay babe. It’s something I’ll have to deal with for the rest of my life. The collar helps a lot, but I know it’s not particularly sexy.”
“Is it uncomfortable?” Jenna asked.
“In LA climate gets a bit hot, but other than that it’s actually pretty comfortable.” Then he changed the subject. “Is that French Toast?”
“Yeah, I hope you like it. It’s one of my favorite breakfasts.”
“I like it,” Luke assured her. “I can’t remember the last time I had it though. Kevin is more partial to eggs and bacon and he often cooks us breakfast.”
“Do you want some bacon with yours? I saw some in the fridge.”
“No, jam is fine.”
“Coffee?”
“Yes, please,” he replied as he rolled over and took his place by the kitchen table. Jenna placed a plate with two pieces of French toast with a light spread of raspberry jam on them and a mug of coffee in front of him and returned to the counter to get her own. When she returned to the table Luke was digging into his food hungrily.
“Looks like you like that,” Jenna said as she sat down next to Luke and grabbed her own knife and fork.
“I had forgotten how good French toast is. This is really awesome!” he exclaimed, while still chewing a piece.
“Hey, swallow before you speak,” Jenna scolded him playfully, nudging his arm with her elbow.
“Sorry,” he replied with a sheepish grin. “My mother would have my hide if I did that in front of her. Oh, speaking of Mom. My parents are coming to town in three weeks, for my birthday; they’re spending the week. They can’t wait to meet you.”
“I hope they like me,” Jenna said nervously.
“They will, don’t worry about it.”
“I’ll try,” Jenna replied, then she turned her attention back to her breakfast. She was nervous about meeting Luke’s parents; from what he’d told her his mother was pretty protective of him.
When Luke had cleared the most urgent things in his inbox he decided to go home. His neck was hurting and he felt a headache building in the back of his head. With a sigh he dialed Jenna’s number on his desk phone and she picked up quickly.
“Hey, what’s up?” she greeted him.
“I’m going home. My neck is getting worse and I feel a headache, building as well. I know I’m your ride, but I need to take a painkiller; the collar isn’t enough today. I’ll pay for a cab for you.”
“I’m sorry to hear that. And you don’t need to pay a cab for me, I’ll just catch the bus over to your place to get my car later.”
“You’re not spending the night?”
“I don’t want to impose if you’re not feeling well.”
“You’re not imposing. I’ll probably feel better by the time you get there. A few hours on my back and prescription painkillers usually helps.”
“If you’re sure I’ll see you later. I’ve got quite a few things I need to do, I was actually about to call you to tell you I’ll have to skip lunch today when you called.”
“Jenna, you need to eat something,” Luke insisted.
“I’ve got a couple of granola bars and a banana. I’ll survive.” Jenna’s tone didn’t leave room for argument, so Luke decided to let it go.
“I’ll see you later. When do you think you’ll be able to leave the office?”
“I hope I’m done by five, but it will probably be closer to six.”
“Just send me a text or call when you leave, okay?”
“I’ll do that. Hope you feel better soon.”
“Thanks, babe. See you later.”
“Jenna, there’s a delivery for you,” Sarah called from the front room they used for meetings with clients.
“Can you just sign for it? I’m kinda’ busy here.” Jenna was in the middle of designing an event invitation and didn’t welcome the distraction.
“He’ll only accept your signature.”
“For Christ’s sake…” Jenna muttered as she got up from her chair and walked around her desk. When she reached the door she froze. Luke was sitting in his wheelchair just inside the door with a paper bag and two Starbuck’s cups in a cup holder in his lap.
“I got your regular order; a granola bar and a banana isn’t lunch,” he said with a tired smile. “I hope you don’t mind,” he added when Jenna didn’t move or speak.
“Oh, not at all. Thank you,” she said when she finally found her voice again and hurried across the room to Luke. She took the cup holder and bag from him and placed both on the table in the center of the room. “Which is yours?” she asked, pointing to the coffees.
“They’re identical. And there are two Club Sandwiches in the bag. I got one for you and one for Sarah. I’ll grab something when I get home.”
Jenna suddenly realized that Sarah was in the room and probably waiting for her to introduce her to Luke.
“Oh, sorry, I completely forgot my manners. Luke, this is my friend and business partner Sarah Whitehurst. Sarah, meet my boyfriend Luke Hillbrook.”
“Nice to meet you, Sarah,” Luke said with a smile as he offered his right hand.
“Ditto. It’s nice to finally meet you, Jenna talks about you all the time,” she said with a warm smile as she grasped Lukes hand with both of hers.
“Sarah, please,” Jenna scoffed. “I don’t talk about you all the time, Luke.”
“Right,” Sarah chuckled.
“Anyway, I’d better get going. Take a break and enjoy your lunch. I hope you like latte and Club Sandwiches too, Sarah.”
“Who doesn’t?” Sarah said. “How much do I owe you?”
“Nothing. It’s my treat,” he replied firmly.
“Thanks, that’s really kind of you ,” Sarah replied, smiling. “I like your boyfriend, Jenna.”
“Keep your hands off him, he’s mine,” Jenna grinned as she leaned down and kissed him on the lips. “Thanks, Luke. You saved my afternoon. And Sarah’s too.”
“Hopefully some food will boost your energy and make you work faster so you can leave sooner,” he said with a wink, then he turned his wheelchair around and headed for the door. “See you later.”
Jenna hurried over to hold the door open for him and she kissed him one last time before she bid him goodbye and watched him as he headed to his van. When he rounded the corner she turned and went back inside where Sarah was waiting for her.
“So, you finally got to meet Luke,” she said as she started unpacking the paper bag from Starbuck’s. In addition to two Club Sandwiches it also contained two chocolate chip muffins. “What do you think?”
“I’m not gonna lie; the big wheelchair freaks me out a bit. But he’s really handsome and he bought me lunch, I like him.”
“Bribing you with food is always a good idea,” Jenna said with a smile. She was relieved that Luke seemed to have won Sarah’s approval. She was also very touched that he had gone to Starbuck’s to buy her lunch when he wasn’t feeling well and he had thought about Sarah too. One more reason he’s a keeper, she thought.
Luke had spent the afternoon asleep in bed and he felt much better when Jenna called him and told him she was leaving her office and would be at his house within the hour.
“How are you feeling?” Jenna asked.
“Much better. I’ve spent the afternoon in bed; the headache is gone and as far as I can tell my neck is much better too.”
“That’s good. Anything you need? I can pick it up on my way over.”
“I don’t have couscous if you want to use that as a side for the leftovers from yesterday. Other than that I’m good.”
“Noted. See you soon, Luke.”
“Uh…”
“What?”
“I got a hold of Harry, the PCA that’s coming tonight and he was able to come help me get into bed. He’s not able to come back until 10:30 this evening. I hope you can help me get back into my wheelchair. If not we’ll be having dinner in bed.”
“I think I can do that. We’ll figure it out. See you soon.”


To be continued... 

4 comments:

  1. I`m in love with him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you updated!! I've been checking your page regularly to see whether the new chapter is up!
    Thank you for sharing the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mille, is everything OK? Do you intend to carry on J&L`s story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Everything is just fine :-) I was on vacation in Spain last week and got home last night. Didn't want to waste my week in the sun on sitting inside behind my computer, so left it at home. I have some great ideas for the coming chapters and I'm working on chapter 9 right now. I hope to update very soon. Also working on my other stories.
      Thanks for your patience :-)
      -Mille

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers - any feedback is welcome as long as it's constructive. Thanks for reading! :-)