3/26/2014

A few words to my followers...

First of all; I'm thrilled that so many people seem to enjoy my stories - it's truly humbling. Lately I've received both comments and a few emails from people that are wondering when I'll update my stories.  Thank you!! :)

Lately I've been immensely busy. I'm working 10-12 hour days Monday-Friday and I work at least two, often three, Saturdays a month.  When I finally have downtime I usually feel absolutely exhausted and just feel like veg'ing on the couch. I have ideas for several of my stories and I try to write them as they come to me, but I just haven't had the energy to really sit down to write.

This is the current status for my writing:

"Jenna & Luke" - Chapter 11: 265 words - slowly progressing, have chapter outlined
"The Store Manager" - Chapter 5: 234 words - slowly progressing, struggling
"Finding Unexpected Love" - Chapter 9: 400 words - written in 1st person from Bryan's POV. Not sure if it works for me, so considering re-writing it in 3rd person.

"Unexpected" - Chapter 12: 900 words  NOTE: This is the story I've got up on Paradevo - it's the first version of 'Finding Unexpected Love'.  I plan on wrapping it up pretty soon, so I can focus on my other stories. Have a much longer storyline planned for the 2.0 version.

Unpublished story:
I've also got some new ideas for a story about a double below the knee amputee I started a couple of years ago, a few months after the London 2012 Olympics/Paralympics.  The main male character, Jason, was inspired by reading Oscar Pistorius' biography; "Blade Runner".

Jason is not a professional athlete, but some of his background/personality is based on Oscar (born w.o. fibulas, lower legs amputated before his first birthday, supportive family, lost mother at a young age, doesn't see himself as disabled).

I had written the first couple of chapters and was in the process of outlining the rest of the story when Oscar shot Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day last year and the shock and disappointment I felt when the news came out made me lose all inspiration to write that story.

For some reason some ideas for the story have come to me recently. I have jotted them down in a notebook and am considering trying to write it out, if it's something people are interested in reading - let me know if you are.


-Mille


2 comments:

  1. I'm happy your writing is going well, I really appreciate your stories! About the Pistorius thing, well, was a shock to me too, you know, all that shit that happend ... but don't give up anyway, I think it would be interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. missing unexpected and j&l .. :(:(:(

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers - any feedback is welcome as long as it's constructive. Thanks for reading! :-)